- Discipline and Focus - learning karate through step-by-step repetitive movement, body awareness, and adherence to etiquette and rules can help hone discipline and focus in all areas of your life.
- Energy and stress relief - training karate a few times a week is a fantastic way to get vigorous exercise into your routine-which is proven to increase your energy levels and reduce stress, both lead to more productivity in your daily life.
- Goal Achievement - the path from while belt to black offers clear, achievable milestones each step of the way. Each time you learn a new technique, or perfect a movement, your sense of progress and confidence improves.
- Self defense - karate will teach you how to defend yourself and give you the stamina to defend yourself if you find yourself in a fight.
- Fun - Studying karate keeps exercise interesting (no more boring treadmill workouts).
- Community - karate is a group activity: group reinforcement and a sense of belonging help give you that little push to stick to your exercise goals.
- Health Benefits - improve coordination, cardio capability, and strength. Karate is a full-body workout and many students see many health benefits very quickly.
- Japanese Culture - Karate is a traditional Japanese martial art and you can being to learn more and more about Japanese culture by studying and training at the dojo.
All Adults Class
The All Adults class is a great opportunity to train with students of all levels. Adults from white to black belt rank will enjoy a full range of training in basics, footwork, mitt training, and fighting combination technique. The class will include Kata form practices and sparring.
The Beginners class is specially modified for white to yellow belt ranks. It will help gain a deeper understanding in basics, footwork, and kata forms because everything will be broken down into simple yet greater steps and details. You’ll also learn the proper edicts and manners associated with karate. The class is aimed towards white to yellow belts but it is open to all students that want to polish up their basics.
Why karate instead of other martial arts?
Karate is a striking art that builds strength, coordination and "snap". Studying a striking art like karate first and then taking steps to learn grappling and joint-locks will make you a better, more well-rounded fighter. Learning a grappling or throwing art first conditions your muscles differently - it's harder to gain the flexibility, impact and power that you learn by studying a striking art like karate as a foundation.